HOW TO UPDATE SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE (S5830) FIRMWARE OR ANDROID OS(FROYO to GINGERBREAD)
(by: Revengsky Joseph D. Reyes – a.k.a rjdreyes – jcyberinux.com)
Requirements for Update
samsung kies software (included on you samsung packages cd or you can download it at their website)
at least 50% battery charge.
remove any usb device, like external hdd, flashdrive, bluetooth, wifi, etc.
only the samsung usb cable and the samsung galaxy ace are connected on the usb slot devices.
check the usb cable and samsung galaxy ace connected firmly.
discharge or remove the sd micro memory on the samsung galaxy ace and also the sim.
do not disconnect when the firmware / android os update begins.
do not turn off the device when the firmware update begins.
* just follow the instructions carefully, given by the samsung kies software.
*caution: I’m not held responsible for any loss or damage, or any improper used of this tutorial.
1. Install the Samsung Kies Software, check if its updated.
(You can used your CD provided by Samsung, but check if its updated. You can also download it from their website)
Check also firmware update settings.
2. Connect the device(Samsung Galaxy Ace on the USB), then Run the Samsung Kies Software.
3. Upon running, it will detected your smartphone device(samsung galaxy ace), then it will ask for an update or upgrade of your firmware.
4. Follow the instructions given by the prompt.
5. Wait until it finish to update/upgrade.
Enjoy your new firmware/android OS on your Samsung Smartphone(Samsung Galaxy Ace).
Related Links / Articles / Entries / References / Sources:
Samsung Apps – Samsung Kies Official Site
Samsung Mobile Phone Software and Manual Official Site