How to Reset a WordPress admin account is easy. Resetting your password on WordPress, there are differents ways / instructions do it.
by: Revengsky Joseph D. Reyes (a.k.a. rjdreyes – jcyberinux.com)
But here’s the easy and fastest way on how to reset a password for admin / username account on WordPress.
1. Go to your website login page. For example, http://mywebsite.com/wordpress/wp-login.php , then click Lost your password?
2. Enter your username or email address (your email address, must be the one, that you used to registered your wordpress account / username / admin). Then click Get New Password. You will then received a link for creating a new password via email.
3. Check you email for confirmation link (your email address, must be the one, that you used to registered your wordpress account / username / admin).
4. At your email, check your confirmation link, then click or visit the following address that been mention.
5. Enter a new password and the confirm new password must be match. Then click Reset Password.
6. Then message follows, Your password has been reset. Then click login. To check if your new password is working.
7. If not yet working, repeat the process. Check your email address / new password for verification.
Hopefully this helps you out 🙂
Related Entries / References :
Resetting your password on WordPress blog account – Official Site
WordPress.org – Official Site