FILEZILLA Client Actions After All File Transfers are complete or within the last queue or file to transfer completion.
by: Revengsky Joseph D. Reyes (rjdreyes – jcyberinux.com)
FAQ: How to Automatically Shut down after all file transfers are complete in Filezilla Client, How to close Filezilla automatically after all file transfers are done, What are functions or actions that can implement after the file transfers in FileZilla.
These sorts of questions can be answer, here’s the absolute solution:
1. Open your FileZilla Client, then drag your files from your local site (from your Local Hard disk), to your Remote Site (FTP File Site).
2. Look on to your Queue files below, then from the last queue file or last file for completion, right-click then Choose from the existing actions.
3. On Action after queue completion, from there, you will see the options or actions you can do, after all file transfers are complete.
Actions after queue completions:
Close FileZilla. After all file transfers are complete, FileZilla Client will close automatically.
Disconnect from server. After all file transfers are complete, FileZilla Client will close or disconnect its connection from ftp file server, so that other users can used the connection slot for download and upload.
Run command. This means you can run a command (whether on command prompt or vb program script) after the file transfers are finished. A good example is checking on file integrity after the downloaded files is finished, or file archive that needs to be extract after file transfers are complete.
Show Message. Prompt you a message that the file transfers (download/upload) are complete. A good usage for this, while you working an important projects then you must know or you should be alerted that the file transfers are finished.
Play Sound. Same as the Show Message, but this gives you a buzzer or a sound notification.
Reboot System. After all file transfers are complete, FileZilla Client will close and your computer will restart or reboot automatically.
Shutdown System. After all file transfers are complete, FileZilla Client will close and your computer will shut down automatically.
Do nothing. This means no event will happen after the file transfers are complete.
Other functionality for file transfer on FileZilla Client:
4. After you select an action to do, you can click Process Queue to start download or upload your files on the ftp file server. (Note: To do that, right-click at Queue Windows Files then select Process Queue.)
5. To stop and remove all the current file or files transferred to ftp server, select a certain file or files, then right-click, select Stop and remove all. To remove a selected file queue to transfer, select Remove selected.
6. Select Default file exists action, if you want to set a default action on file transfer according to situation like, skip file, rename file, overwrite, ask for action or resume file transfer, etc…
(Note: This is very useful for file comparison and you want to set a default action for it.)
7. Select Set Priority from Highest or to Lowest for a certain file or files, this means, which is most important or must be first to be transfer or you can set the least important or the last to be transfer on the ftp server.
That’s it. I hope this guidelines helps you out. Cheers! 😀
(Note: FileZilla Logo/Images/Pictures has a respective copyright. I used it for demonstration purpose only.)
Related Entries / Articles / Links / References:
FileZilla The Free FTP Solution – Official Site