How to used Advanced Compiz Config Settings Manager to become Ubuntu 3D Desktop or Ubuntu Desktop Cube Effects
by: Revengksky Joseph D. Reyes (a.k.a rjdreyes – jcyberinux.com)
(Note: In order to use this service, you must have an internet connection so that if your trying to install available updates, it will downloaded on your Ubuntu OS.)
You successfully installed Ubuntu on your current Computer, Notebook, Laptop or Netbook, and then after you successfully enabling Desktop Visual Effects and Graphic Card Accelator Driver. Its time to show more Desktop Cube Effects or 3D Desktop Effects using Advanced Desktop Effects Settings (ccsm).
(Note: For GNOME GUI, I’m not certain on other GUI Environment such as Unity, :D, you may try if you want, to see the results. You may put the shortcut icon on the taskbar / sidebars :D)
Here’s the Steps / Instructions on How to Install and used Advanced Compiz Config Settings Manager to become Ubuntu 3D Desktop or Ubuntu Desktop Cube Effects
1. If you are using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS / Ubuntu 10.10 / Ubuntu 11.04 – by GNOME GUI, go to Applications, then click Ubuntu Software Center.
(Note: It will ask for a administration password, or your own account password, type it and press OK.)
Go to Quick Filter(You must know the name of the software package you are going to search), type it there, then press Enter key. It will give all the software packages relating to the software package name you type on. Then from there, search the term “compiz” or “ccsm”
2. Choose on Advanced Desktop Effects Settings (ccsm) and/or also Compiz (Install both of these packages, by clicking Install)
(Note: It may ask for any additional packages or installation. Just let it install or download particular requirements and changes. It will ask for a administration password, or your own account password, type it and press OK.)
3. Downloading Packages Files just wait, it depends on your internet connection speed. (Note: As I mention earlier, you need an internet connection, in case that the software packages are not yet available on your drive, it will download and installed it on your computer.)
Then Close the Ubuntu Software Centre after it finish to download and apply the changes.
4. Go to System then Preferences then click CompizConfig Settings Manager(this is the Advanced Compiz Settings Manager)
5. From there you can set your own Desktop Effects or 3D Desktop Effects Settings. Whether 2D Desktop or 3D Desktop Cube.
Unfortunately, at Ubuntu 11.10 Release, they dropped the usage of Synaptic Package Manager, in replaced for the Newly Improved Ubuntu Software Centre. So used the Ubuntu Software Centre, find the Compiz Manager there, I do believe they using Advance Desktop Effects Settings (ccsm) and Compiz 😀
Welcome to Ubuntu World! 😀
Related Entries / References :
How to Install Ubuntu 10.04 LTS or Ubuntu 11.04 on Desktop or Laptop by Jcyberinux
How to Install Application using Ubuntu Software Centre
How to Install or Activate Graphic Card Driver using Ubuntu Hardware Drivers
How to Install Software Packages using Synaptic Package Manager
Ubuntu Official Site
Download Ubuntu Official Site