How to Update / Upgrade / Reset to Default Settings your Alcatel Mobile Phone / Android Smartphone using Alcatel One Touch Upgrade Software
(by: Revengsky Joseph D. Reyes – a.k.a rjdreyes – jcyberinux.com)
Operating System (Windows)
An internet connection
Alcatel One Touch Upgrade Software (You can download it at their Alcatel One Touch Website)
at least 60% Battery charge.
Check if the microUSB cable and Alcatel Smartphone connected firmly.
Back up all your data and contents, of your Alcatel Android Smartphone using Alcatel PC Suite or via external USB memory card. (To prevent any loss of contents)
*NOTE: I’m not held responsible for any loss or damage or any improper used of this tutorial.
1. Go to the Official Site – Alcatel One Touch Download Support (click here). Find the appropriate Model of your Alcatel Phone/Smartphone Device. Then from there, Download the Alcatel One Touch Upgrade
2. After the download, Double-click the Installer to start the installation.
3. One Touch Upgrade Setup launches, click Next.
4. Select the Software Installation Path or Location click Browse or leave it as is to default. Then click Next afterwards.
5. Select the Start Menu Folder Path or Location click Browse or leave it as is to default. Then click Next afterwards.
6. The click to Create a Desktop Icon. Click Next.
7. Ready to Install – the Summary of your Installation Settings. After you review it, click Install.
8. Installation begins. Wait until it finishes the installation.
After completion, click Finish.
(NOTE: Do not connect your Alcatel Smartphone on the USB of your PC/Net book. Make back up copy of data/contents of your Alcatel Smartphone’s memory to prevent any loss of its contents.)
9. Launch your Alcatel One Touch Upgrade. Then select Language. Click Ok.
10. Select your mobile phone model. Then click Start.
11. From here, it gives you an instruction on what to do next. (Note: Do not yet connect your phone, just Turn off your phone) Click Next.
12. While your phone is Turn off, connect your Alcatel Phone to USB Slot of your PC/Netbook using microUSB Cable.
(Note: Observe if your phone is being detected / connected. If your phone is connected, searching of the latest available software will begin and you must have an internet connection on doing this. Wait until it finish.)
After the successful download of the software, disconnect your phone from the USB. Then click Ok.
11. Reconnect your phone on the USB, observe if your phone is being detected / connected. Then scanning of your phone begins with execution of upgrading / resetting of your phone.
(Note: This will reset your phone into default settings. Do not disconnect your phone while the procedure is ongoing, or else you lost everything. X_X Wait until it finish.)
Viola! Your Alcatel mobile phone is successfully upgrade and reset to default settings. Disconnect now your phone on the USB.
Note: Before turn on your mobile phone, remove first the battery, and then re-insert it. Turn on the phone, then wait for at least 2-3 minutes (more or less, I think) while your phone is on loading procedure.
I hope this helps you out! Cheers!
Related Entries / References / Articles / Links / Sources: