Unroot Alcatel One Touch Glory OT-918N Android Phone
By: Alodia Phan (jcyberinux.com)
The following steps are simple, it’s just like a reverse process of root.
(Note: This walkthrough is tested on Alcatel One Touch Glory 918N, used this tutorial on your own risk, I’m not held responsible for any loss or damage it will do.)
PC / Laptop / Netbook /Notebook
Alcatel Android Manager PC Suite (for Alcatel One Touch Glory 918N)
*Enable USB Debugging Mode on the Alcatel Android Phone
*Disable any AntiVirus Software Installed on your system, as noted, for some reasons; it blocks the operation on rooting.
*Unplug any USB Devices except and only Alcatel One Touch Glory OT-918N can be plug-in on the USB slot during rooting process
First Trial of Unroot your Alcatel One Touch Glory OT-918N is by using Unlockroot
1. Download Unlock Root then install it. Please check your Alcatel Android Phone if the USB Debugging mode is enabled. To turn it on, go to Settings > Applications > Development and check the box.
2. Connect the Alcatel Android Phone to your PC/Netbook using microUSB cable.
3. Click Unroot then wait until it finish. It will give you a message that the Unroot is successful.
Check the phone if the superuser app isn’t there. If this fails, don’t worry there’s another method by using Superoneclick.
Second Trial of Unroot your Alcatel One Touch Glory OT-918N is by using Superoneclick
1. Download SuperOneClick v2.3.3 click here. Unzip / extract the SuperOneclick.zip to specified directory.
2. Connect Alcatel One Touch Glory 918N on your PC/Netbook by using your microUSB.
3. Launch the SuperOneClick by clicking the application launcher. Click Unroot. Wait until it finish then a prompt message saying root not found or failed to found superuser on phone.
This means there’s no superuser or root superuser on the Android Phone. The another idea is to turn off and turn on the phone after the Unroot process, for more effectivity.
I hope this helps you out to Unroot Alcatel One Touch Glory 918N. Cheers! 😀
(Note: Alcatel One Touch Logo/Images have a respective copyright. I used it for demonstration purpose only.)
Related Entries / References / Links / Articles / Sources: