How to Unhide User/Username or Administrator Account on Windows XP Welcome Login Screen
by: Revengsky Joseph D. Reyes (a.k.a. rjdreyes – jcyberinux.com)
1. Click Start then click Run.
2. At Run. Type regedit. Then press Enter or click OK.
3. At Registry Editor. Browse in at : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList
4. On the UserList folder, you can now put the desire username or user account or even administrator account to be shown on the Windows XP Welcome Logon Screen.
To do that, right-click on the given folder, and then choose New – click on DWORD Value.
(You can also click the Edit Menu, then choose New – click on DWORD Value)
5. Now name it as the username or administrator account that you would like to be shown on the Welcome Logon Screen. Then double-click it, Edit the value data and type 1 (1 – means true, which unhide or show the given username account on the Welcome Screen, else 0 – means false, which hide it).
6. Restart your computer for more actual and effective results.
How to hide the username account? Simple. You can reverse the process of this tutorial. 🙂
Try to explore its usages, then comment here if you found one interesting to share.
That’s all! I hope this guide and tips helps you out! Cheers! 😀
(Note: Microsoft(Windows XP OS) Logo/Images/Pictures has a respective copyright. I used it for demonstration purpose only.)
Related Entries / Links / Sources / Articles / Sources:
Hide User or Admin Account on Windows XP Welcome Login Screen
How to Enable Automatic Logon of the User Account on Windows XP Pro