If haven’t check the latest updates for your Xperia smartphones or perhaps if you own Xperia Z or Z1, then it’s a good day for you to check and try the Sony new software updates plus the Android 4.4 KitKat on your Xperia smartphone.
(Note: Internet Connection needed for automatic update. Android 4.4 KitKat update is entitled to Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z1 Compact. I’m not sure if this applicable to other Xperia smartphones, just try and see for yourself if you have one.)
For you to update your Sony Xperia smartphone, you need the Sony PC Companion installed in your PC/Laptop, plug in your Xperia smartphone and launch the PC Companion. Just make sure you backup all the data you need before doing the updates.
What great things might happen in the new software updates?
In bringing good performance and experience to Xperia smartphone users, Sony made some tweaks in some functionality in the phone this includes:
– Google’s Android 4.4 KitKat update: improved performance, user interface and system optimization.
– Added Sony Playstation 4 like interface: sleek launch animation and live wallpaper across the lock and home screens. Renewed status bar and quick settings – more intuitive and customizable, a new clean look to ensure you get the notifications that you really need.
– Sony’s entire native app portfolio to the latest versions: Messaging, Email, Smart Social Camera and Battery STAMINA Mode
– Sony’s Media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies, with Sony Entertainment Network cloud service integration.
– Download unique custom interface experience – from over 2 million downloadable Xperia Themes
– Compatibility with our SmartWear Experience; SmartBand SWR10 and Lifelog app.
*Tip: If you experience lags and issues, try to backup your data then try to do the full reset (Factory data reset) on your Xperia Smartphone. Some Xperia users used this technique to resolve their own issues.
Kindly drop some comments to our page for any new changes that you notice on your Xperia Smartphone.
Disclosure:Sony – PC Companion, Xperia Smartphones – Info / Video / Logo / Images / Pictures have a respective copyright. We used it for demonstration purpose only.
If something in your mind to comment or suggest, please let us know. In our efforts to provide detailed information, there is possibility of inaccurate contents. If you see any mistake or incomplete in our information, please don’t hesitate to tell us. We will fix it immediately as soon as possible.
Related Links / Articles / Entries / References / Sources:
Sony Mobile – Official Site
Sony Mobile – Why Update – Official Site
Sony Mobile – Blogs – Source 1 – Official Site
Sony Mobile – Blogs – Source 2 – Official Site