Sony Xperia M2, the 4G LTE and Dual-SIM Android Smartphone was announced at MWC 2014 with specs of 4.8” (960×540) Display Screen, 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset CPU, 8GB Internal Storage (Expandable via microSD slot up to 32GB), 1GB of RAM, 8MP rear camera with VGA on front camera, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and a Multimedia such as music player, video player and FM Radio. The Xperia M2 runs at Android OS 4.3 (Jelly Bean), no word yet if the Smartphone will get an update to Android 4.4 KitKat for its release.
– A mid-range smartphone with the best technology in its class – Xperia M2 showcases high quality technology at an affordable price. Sony’s OmniBalance design as found on Sony’s premium smartphone range, an ultra-fast processor and a large qHD display, combine to create brilliant all-round performance, whilst the unique Xperia camera, music and movie apps offer stunning entertainment experiences.
– Dual SIM, no compromise – Xperia M2’s dual-SIM variant, Xperia M2 dual, is a fast mobile phone that offers a new experience through the incorporation of Sony’s latest generation of dual-SIM technology. Users can set up both SIM cards independently with custom ring tones and easily choose between SIMs before making calls or sending texts, whilst Sony’s dual SIM management technology means that users can keep both SIMs active and never miss a call, even when talking on one of them.
– The slimmest 4G smartphone with the best smartphone camera and largest qHD display in its class.
– Sony’s premium experiences, including the OmniBalance design, stunning processor performance, 4G speed and a long-lasting battery in a mid-range smartphone
– Razor sharp photos and video with the 8MP Exmor RS™ for mobile, HDR camera, and Xperia camera apps for live video broadcasting and sharing.
– A unique entertainment package of 3 blockbuster movies, 30 days free trial of the Music Unlimited service and a range of PlayStation® Mobile games available out of the box.
DISPLAY: 4.8-inches TFT capacitive touchscreen / 960 x 540 pixels / 229ppi / 16M colors / Touch gesture – multi-touch, up to 10 fingers supported / Scratch-resistant glass,/p>
CHIPSET | CPU: Qualcomm MSM8926 Snapdragon 400 (D2303, D2306) / Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 (D2302, D2305) | Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7
GPU: Adreno 305
STORAGE MEMORY: 8GB Internal Storage (Memory comprises approximately 3 GB of firmware, plus 5 GB of internal storage for downloaded applications, music, pictures films and some application data.) / Expandable via microSD card slot up to 32GB
NETWORK/SIM: Available via Single and Dual-SIM (Micro-SIM) | Supports 2G, 3G & 4G LTE | (D2302) UMTS HSPA+ 900 (Band VIII), 850 (Band V), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz | (D2302) GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz | (D2305) UMTS HSPA+ 850 (BandV), 900 (Band VIII), 2100 (Band I) MHz | (D2305) UMTS HSPA+ 850 (BandV), 900 (Band VIII), 2100 (Band I) MHz | (D2306) UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz | (D2306) GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz | (D2303) UMTS HSPA+ 900 (Band VIII), 850 (Band V), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz | (D2303) GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
CAMERA/VIDEO & FEATURES: BACK: 8 megapixel camera with photo flash and auto focus | 3264 x 2448 pixels | Sony Exmor RS for mobile image sensor | 4 x digital zoom | HDR for pictures | Self-timer | White balance | Quick Launch | Touch capture and focus | Smile Shutter™ | Send to web | Scene recognition | Red-eye reduction | Image stabiliser | Geotagging / FRONT: VGA
MULTIMEDIA: Music Player, Video Player, Picture (Album), Stereo FM Radio with RDS I Image capture, supported format: JPEG | Image playback, supported formats: BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, WBMP | Video recording, supported formats: 3GPP, MP4 | Video playback, supported formats: 3GPP, MP4
CONNECTIVITY / COMMUNICATION: Bluetooth 4.0 | Micro USB support and USB High speed 2.0 | 3.5mm audio ear jack in | NFC | Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n | Wi-Fi Hotspot | WiFi Direct | DLNA | Native USB tethering | Smart Connect | Xperia Link | Synchronisation via Exchange ActiveSync®, Facebook™, Google™ and SyncML™ | Noise suppression | Voice enhancement | HD Voice | Multiple IM | Friends application | Handwriting recognition | ANT+™ sport, fitness, health support
GPS: A-GPS and GLONASS support
SENSORS: Accelerometer, Proximity, Compass
BATTERY: Non-Removable Li-Ion 2300mAh (Talktime: up to 14 hours 14 min | Standby time: up to 693 hours | Music listening time: up to 56 hours 49 min | Video playback time: up to 8 hours 25 min)
DIMENSIONS: 139.6 x 71.1 x 8.6 mm
WEIGHT: 148 grams
COLORS: Black, White, and Purple
PRICE/AVAILABILITY: Estimated SRP Price: Php 14K (or less) / Available: Q2, 2014
(Disclosure: Sony – Sony Xperia M2 Info / Video / Logo / Images / Pictures have a respective copyright. We used it for demonstration purpose only.)
If something in your mind to comment or suggest, please let us know. In our efforts to provide detailed information, there is possibility of inaccurate contents. If you see any mistake or incomplete in our information, please don’t hesitate to tell us. We will fix it immediately as soon as possible.