Set your favorite audio file(s) as default ringtone using Walkman music player app (for all incoming calls):
1. Launch Walkman App
2. Go to My music
3. Tap Songs
4. Pick one audio/music file in the list, and then hold-press on it, until it reveals the options, and then from the given options, select – Set as ringtone.
Use a PC with Windows OS to transfer audio files to set the default ringtone or notification sounds:
1. You must have a Sony PC Companion installed in your Windows computer system. If you haven’t installed it, I suggest to download and install it first before you proceed to the next step. (click here to download the Sony PC Companion)
2. Use the micro USB cable to connect the Xperia C to your PC – Windows OS. And then from your Xperia C, slide down the notification bar, tap the USB computer connection, and then select Media device (MTP).
3. An AutoPlay will launch, just close it and after that, use your Windows Explorer to navigate in the Xperia C drive.
Note: Know your default storage location, go to Settings – Storage – Preferred install location (see if its Internal storage or SD card).
4. In the given default storage location, Create two folders: Ringtones and notifications (create only these folders, if it doesn’t exist in your directory)
Ex.: Let’s say if its Internal storage, then create the following folders, otherwise, if its SD card, used it to create the folders – Ringtones and notifications.
5. From the given folders (namely Ringtones and notifications), transfer the audio/music files you need to set the ringtone or the default notification sounds. After transferring the audio files, disconnect the smartphone to your PC – Windows.
6. To set the ringtone, go to Settings – Sound – under Ringtone & Vibration (tap Phone ringtone). Choose a SIM card, select ringtone in the list (from there, you will see the transferred audio files in the list). Tap OK to finalize the ringtone.
7. To set the default notification sound, go to Settings – Sound – under System (tap Default Notification). From there, you will see the transferred audio files in the list). Tap OK to finalize the notification sound.
Using Android File Manager from your Xperia C Smartphone to create Ringtones and notifications folders, for you to transfer audio files on it:
1. Open a Android File manager (any Android File Manager – like File Commander as the default one in your Xperia C).
2. Navigate to the given default storage location, let’s say its SD card. You select SD card, then from there, tap New – then Folder. (Create a folder names: Ringtones and notifications)
3. From the given folders (namely Ringtones and notifications), transfer the audio/music files you need to set the ringtone or the default notification sounds.
Specify or set a ringtone for a certain contact:
1. Tap to Phone icon, go to Contacts tab.
2. Select contact you want to set a ringtone, then tap to Edit contact.
3. Go to ringtone section, tap the dropdown menu, and then select a ringtone you want. Tap OK to set it.
Disclosure: Sony Xperia C, Android, Apps Info / Logo / Images / Pictures have a respective copyright. We used it for demonstration purpose only.
If something in your mind to comment or suggest, please let us know. In our efforts to provide detailed information, there is possibility of inaccurate contents. If you see any mistake or incomplete in our information, please don’t hesitate to tell us. We will fix it immediately as soon as possible.
Related Links / Articles / Entries / References / Sources:
Unbox Sony Xperia C – Images, Features, Specs, Price, Antutu and Review
Sony Mobile Phones – Official Site