Setting a Contact Picture on Android Smartphone
by: Revengsky Joseph D. Reyes (a.k.a rjdreyes – jcyberinux.com)
I encountered some basic questions on Android Smartphones, and one of those basic question is how to put a contact picture on android smartphones.
This is a quick guide on how to set a contact picture on your Android Devices.
(Note: I’m using Stock Android OS Gingerbread on Sony Ericsson Xperia Sola, other devices may experience different results. But this tutorial can give you insight, on setting a contact picture to your android devices.)
1. At Home View, tap/press the Media app then it will show an options, tap/press Gallery. You can also see the Gallery app at Application View.
(Note: I’m using Default Android OS Interface (UI) Gingerbread)
2. At Gallery, find a picture you need then tap/press on it.
3. Then tap/press Menu Key, an option will show: Play on device, Share, Delete, Slide Show, Set As and More. Tap/Press Set As.
4. A prompt will show set picture as: Contact picture or wallpaper. Tap/Press Contact Picture.
Another prompt will show; Complete action using: tap/press Contacts.
5. On Contacts, find the person you need to put the contact picture. Tap/Press the contact person.
Then the picture will prompt for the crop, crop the picture that you need. Then tap/press Save.
Go to your Contacts, then you will able to see that the contact person has a contact picture on it.
Cheers! We hope this tip helps you out! 😀
(Note: Sony(Sony Xperia) and Android OS-Apps Logo/Images/Pictures has a respective copyright. I used it for demonstration purpose only.)