How to Set custom SMS Message / Phone Ringtone Notifications on Android Smartphones
By: Revengsky Joseph D. Reyes (aka rjdreyes – jcyberinux.com)
(Note: This method works on Alcatel One Touch Glory 918N my current Android Smartphone)
How to set custom phone ringtone or mp3 music ringtone on caller/incoming call notifications:
1. Go to Application Tab, Touch/Tap to Music, then from there, search mp3 music of your choice.
2. From your chosen mp3/music ringtone, hold touch on it, then an option will appear. Choose Use as phone ringtone.
How to set custom SMS Messaging Notifications / Message Ringtone:
1. Use your microUSB Cable to access your SD Card Memory on your Phone. In order to do that, Enable/Turn on USB Storage on Android Smartphone.
2. After your phone is detected, from Windows Explorer or Computer File Browser on Ubuntu Linux, go to your SD Card Memory directory drive to access it and go to folder /media/audio/notifications. From here, you can now transfer mp3 music/custom ringtones of your choice.
(Note: If you don’t see any of the previous mention folders or the folders are not exist, then you have to create them manually.)
3. After you already put some mp3 music/custom ringtones, go to Application Tab, Touch/Tap to Messaging. Touch the Menu key, then from the given options, choose Settings.
4. Go forth to the Notification settings area, and then touch/tap Select ringtone. You will able to see and select the custom/mp3 ringtone that you recently transferred.
I hope this helps you out Cheers!
Basic Requirements to Download / Install Custom Ringtone:
Android Smartphone (please see compatibility first)
USB / microUSB Cable (provided on your Android Smartphone)
If you have any word for thought, kindly make a feedback on the comment section, this will help us and our readers to more about the product/applications.
(Note: Alcatel One Touch Logo/Images and Android Applications has a respective copyright. I used it for demonstration purpose only.)
Related Entries / References / Links / Articles / Sources:
MoboPlayer – Best Android Video Player – Review using Alcatel Glory 918N by Jcyberinux