Samsung unveils new Galaxy Tab at IFA 2014, the Galaxy Tab Active, a ruggedized Galaxy Tab developed specifically for business and professional functionalities with reinforced security.
The Galaxy Tab Active has a specs of: 1.2 GHz Quad-Core Processor, Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset, Adreno 305 GPU, 8” WXGA(1280 x 800) TFT LCD, 1.5GB LPDDR3 + 16GB internal memory, expandable MicroSD up to 64GB, 3.1MP Auto Focus (Rear) with Flash + 1.2MP (Front), runs on Android Kitkat (4.4), and powered by 4,450mAh battery (User-replaceable).
– Its anti-shock covering can withstand a 1.2-meter drop, with the protective cover on, and it is water and dust resistant with IP67 certification. For example, a retail auto sales rep can meet with potential customers in the field and not have to worry about dropping their Galaxy Tab Active or getting it wet. Fields agents of all descriptions will now be able to take their mobile device into sometimes harsh, rugged conditions where they no longer need to worry about exposure to heat, cold, dust or water.
– The 3.1MP Auto Focus Camera can easily scan barcodes, and the Galaxy Tab Active’s NFC technology saves time on communications and work process management. These essential features can greatly boost productivity, such as with a transportation and logistics managers who can leverage the Galaxy Tab Active to seamlessly connect with a building’s foreman on shipping and receiving.
– Samsung’s robust “C-Pen” is installed at the top of the protective Galaxy Tab Active cover to provide professionals who may have to wear gloves, on a construction site for example, with an alternative input option to their finger.
– For those professionals constantly in the field, such as utility workers, near continuous usage is supported by up to 10-hour, long-lasting battery life. However, the detachable battery provides a quick and easy exchange for a fresh battery when necessary for uninterrupted working. Also, the built-in POGO pin charging prevents micro-USB connector damage while allowing for multi-device charging when returning to the office.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active Specs:
– IP67 certified – dust and water resistant up to 1 meter and 30 minutes
– Shock protection up to 1.2 meters drop with protective cover included in the tablet
– C-Pen stylus
AVAILABILITY / PRICE: The Samsung Galaxy Tab Active will come in a variety of connectivity options: Wi-Fi, or Wi-Fi and LTE available in 16GB + MicroSD (up to 64GB). The device is available in Titanium Green and it comes with the Protective Cover and the C-Pen. Availability/Price – TBA.
Disclosure: Samsung – Samsung Galaxy Tab Active, Android OS and Samsung UI Info / Logo / Images / Pictures have a respective copyright. We used it for demonstration purpose only.
If something in your mind to comment or suggest, please let us know. In our efforts to provide detailed information, there is possibility of inaccurate contents. If you see any mistake or incomplete in our information, please don’t hesitate to tell us. We will fix it immediately as soon as possible.
Related Links / Articles / Entries / References / Sources:
Samsung Mobile Press – Official Site