(Note: This walkthrough is tested on Galaxy Note GT-N7000, SHV-E160S and other models, used this tutorial at your own risk. I’m not held responsible for any loss or damage it will do.)
*PC / Laptop / Netbook /Notebook
*Download and Install Samsung USB Driver (click here) or Samsung Kies (click here)
*Enable USB Debugging Mode
*Enable Unknown Sources
*Make sure that your phone have at least 50% battery charged
*Disable any Anti-Virus Software Installed on your system, as noted, for some reasons; it blocks the operation on rooting.
USING FRAMAROOT (Used your Galaxy Note to download the Framaroot):
Note: To install Framaroot (Third-party App/Apk) On your device, go to Settings – Security – Enable Unknown Sources (this allows you to install third-party apps that doesn’t available on Google Play Store.)
1. Download the Framaroot latest file attachment from xda developers official site (click here)
2. After the download is complete, using your File Manager, browse to the folder where the file is located. Install the Framaroot application (apk), it may prompt you an Installer dialog (just tap on Install).
3. After the installation, launch the Framaroot app (tap Open), select an action to execute after root, Install SuperSU. Select an exploit available in the list to potentially root your device.
4. Tap the selected exploit, then from there a message will be shown that you’re Android device successfully rooted.
TO UNROOT: Just follow the step number 3, launch the Framaroot app, but this time, select an action to execute after root as Unroot. Afterwards, tap the selected exploit. That should do it.
If using Framaroot doesn’t work out, relax you can still root it using Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry.
USING Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry (Used for PC/Laptop to download the file):
1. First, you need to Enable USB Debugging. To do that, Go to Settings – Developer Options – and then tick the USB Debugging Checkbox. If you can’t see your developer options, go to Settings – About Phone – tap the Build Number for several times until developer mode is enabled.
2. Download the Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v9_4.zip (click here) from xda developers official site. Save it and extract it to your computer.
3. Go to the extracted folder, double-click on RunMe.bat to start the process.
4. Type the number 0 and press Enter key to begin. From the command prompt, follow the instructions carefully.
Note: If the first option doesn’t work out, try the next one. It will create a fake backup, click that then click Restore, and wait for further instructions.
After the rebooting of the device (it may take 1 or 2 times), before the process of rooting will be completed.
How do you know if your phone is already rooted? Check if your device has a Superuser/SuperSU app in application list. And also install a Root Checker, which is a free Android app/apk on App Stores.
UNROOT using Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry:
1. Double-click on RunMe.bat to start the process.
2. From the command prompt, type the word x then Press Enter Key. Just wait for few moments, until it’s already unrooted.
We hope this tip helps you out! 😀
If something in your mind to comment or suggest, please let us know. In our efforts to provide detailed information, there is possibility of inaccurate contents. If you see any mistake or incomplete in our information, please don’t hesitate to tell us. We will fix it immediately as soon as possible.
(Disclosure: Samsung Galaxy Note, Root to Many, Framaroot – Info / Logo / Images / Pictures has a respective copyright. We used it for demonstration purpose only.)
Related Entries / References / Links / Articles / Sources:
Samsung Kies – Official Site
Google Play Store – Root Checker Basic – Official Site
[ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click apk to root some devices – xda-developers Official Site
Root MANY ANDROID! – xda-developers Official Site