Bring back the Old days? – How to Play a MS Excel 2000 Car Race Game on Windows
by: Revengsky Joseph D. Reyes (a.k.a rjdreyes – jcyberinux.com)
I was so bored lately, and I was about to play an Android Application Games, then suddenly, a spark in my head telling me to play an old games, that I used to play when I was in high school. Then while I am in the front of the computer, I saw my excel 2007. Then I realized, there was a game called Easter Egg Game on MS Excel 2000 or a hidden car race game.
These are the Steps / Intructions on How to Play a MS Excel 2000 Car Race Game on Windows:
Works only without any Service Pack installed on MS Office 2000
Must have MS Office 2000 Web Components installed.
Must have MS DirectX 7 APIs or newer installed.
Installed IE 4,5,6 required to play the game.
Works only with Microsoft Excel 2000 for Windows 9x/NT4/2000/ME/XP.
1. Launch Excel 2000. Then at File Menu, click File then choose Save as Web Page.
2. At Save section, choose Selection: Sheet, then check or click the checkbox Add Interactivity, put a file name you want then choose your desired location on your hard drive then click Save.
3. Open the saved HTML page file only at Internet Explorer Web Browser.
4. Scroll down to row 2000, column WC. Click the row 2000 to highlight the entire line and then press Tab until WC is selected again. (Used Tab and Shift-Tab via selection)
5. After all are set, Hold and press down Shift + Ctrl + Alt and left-click on the MS Office – Excel 2000 logo in the upper left corner. Then let the Car Race begin!!!
Use the following keys for the game:
Arrow keys: (left,right,up,down)to steer and accelerate
Space bar: To fire at other cars
O: To drop oil slicks
H: To turn on/off your headlights (toggle switch).
Esc: To exit the game.
Bang!!! That’s it enjoy playing… 😀