(Important Note for Using this guide/instructions: I’m not held responsible for any loss or damage of your iOS Device. Make sure you have an Internet Connection to complete the whole process.)
Great news you got a new iPhone! Or let’s say you own an iPad or iPod device. You may try to venture about what’s great on iOS devices and what other things you can do with it. From your research, with all the results on the web search engine, you spotted jailbreaking. Is it bad or not? Does it requires technical expertise to do it? If the process is safe? A lot of questions coming up on your head.
WHAT IS JAILBREAKING on iOS?
As the technical jargon of the gadget or tech geeks, is the process of exploiting on its device system (iOS) to remove the restrictions/limitations through the use of hardware and software on its iOS device. Similarly, on Android (Know how to Root), having root privilege access on its iOS system, meaning you can control and a freedom to extend its usages, add third party apps, change themes, functionality, etc…
IS IT BAD or NOT?
Technically speaking, it is BAD if you don’t know anything about Jailbreaking then you proceed without caution. However, if you know what you are doing and also you know that jailbreaking iOS device may result to VOID your iOS device warranty, then it is GOOD for you.
Not really, i saw a 9 or 10 years old at youtube doing review and jailbreaking on his iOS device without any issues and troubles in the way of the process. Just follow the instructions CAREFULLY and you are all good!
Yes! but beware you its mishandle or misuse, it’s totally user’s responsibility.
CAN I STILL USED ITUNES and APP STORE LIKE NORMAL I USED TO?
Yes! A jailbroken iOS device such as iPad, iPhone or iPod touch can still use iTunes and App Store.
HOW TO RESTORE BACK WITHOUT JAILBREAK?
Restoring the iOS device with iTunes removes the jailbreak.
Jailbreaking is necessary if the user intends to used it to run third party software or apps that doesn’t belong on official/authorized Apple iOS app store. Although the jailbreaking legalities depends on location/country.
WHAT NEEDED FOR THE JAILBREAK? PREPARATION / REQUIREMENTS:
* Your device must be running on iOS 6, such as: iOS 6.0, iOS 6.0.1, iOS 6.0.2 or iOS 6.1 for the procedure of jailbreak. If you are running an earlier version of iOS, please upgrade it before running Evasion Jailbreak.
* Good USB cable (with no technical issue) to be connected PC/Laptop/Mac
* Backup and save your device data, such as contacts, mp3, and alike by using iTunes or iCloud. You can always used Restore if anything goes wrong.
* Supported on all iOS devices except Apple TV 1 and TV 2.
* Download a Jailbreak software such as Evasion official site (click here)
FOR EVASION VERSION:
A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.6 minimum) or Linux (x86 / x86_64)
iTunes installed if you’re running Windows
An iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 6.0 through 6.1.2 (you may check in Settings / General / About => Version)
A USB cable to connect the device to the computer
Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete.
If the process gets stuck, it’s safe to restart/reboot the device/program (holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
If you get an error on OS X 10.8 saying that evasi0n can’t be opened, control-click (or right-click) the app and on the revealed context menu, choose ‘Open.’ On the ensuing dialogue box, choose ‘Open’ as well.
HOW TO JAILBREAK USING EVASION:
1. Download an Evasion (from the official site, just check what OS you have)
2. Extract the Package then Run/Double Click on the evasi0n app to open it or Right-Click it then Run As Administrator (if you are using Windows Platform).
3. Make sure your device doesn’t have any passcode enabled. (To check it, go to Settings – General – Passcode Lock – and turn it off.)
4. Plug in your iOS Device to Windows/Mac/Linux machine and wait for the jailbreak software to detect it.
5. Once detected, you will see a message on the Evasion software and then the Jailbreak button will be enabled.
6. Click on Jailbreak and the Jailbreak process will start. Please wait while the jailbreak process takes place.
7. Evasion will now ask you to unlock your device. Slide to Unlock your device, and you will see a new app icon on the first or second page of the Home screen named “Jailbreak”. Tap the Jailbreak app icon once (just wait when you already tap it once), then your screen goes black (which is normal) and return on the Home Screen. (Just don’t touch anything yet)
8. Wait again while Evasion jailbreak continue its process.
9. Once the jailbreak process has completed, Evasion will tells you that you’re Jailbreak is complete or done.
10. Your iOS device might restart, you may see a large Evasion logo on your iOS device screen (it may appear once or twice).
After that, you finally on your Lock Screen, Slide to Unlock your iOS device and you should see the Cydia icon on your Home screen’s 1st or 2nd page.
Using Cydia you can unlock tons of tweaks for your iOS device. Re-launch Cydia and choose the “Hacker”. Re-enable your passcode after this steps is finished.
Congratulations! Your iOS device is now jailbroken on iOS 6 using Evasion. Drop by a comment and share a word to us!
(Disclosure: Apple (iOS, iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, iPadmini) / Evasion / Info /Apps/Logo/Images/Pictures have a respective copyright. We used it for demonstration purpose only.)
If something in your mind to comment or suggest, please let us know. In our efforts to provide detailed information, there is possibility of inaccurate contents. If you see any mistake or incomplete in our information, please don’t hesitate to tell us. We will fix it immediately as soon as possible.