Root and Unroot Xperia Sola Android OS ICS for Latest Firmware 6.1.1.B.1.54
(Important Note: This will void your Xperia Smartphone warranty and I assume that you’re using 6.1.1.B.1.54 firmware. I’m using Sony Xperia Sola, this step can be used on other Xperia Smartphones. But be advised that everything written here are only tutorials for Sony Xperia Sola, it may differ on other models. I’m not held responsible for any loss or damage of your Xperia Smartphones. Make sure you have an Internet Connection to complete the whole process. For unlocled and locked bootloader.)
RULE OF THUMB: READ AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
WHAT YOU NEED TO PREPARE:
* Download and extract Root to Many Android by Bin4ry (click here)
* Download and extract Stock Kernel ftf files – Firmware 6.1.1.B.1.10 and 6.1.1.B.1.54 (click here – LINK 1 or click here – LINK 2)
* Download and install Flash Tool (click here)
INSTRUCTIONS (ROOT FOR XPERIA SOLA 6.1.1.B.1.54):
1. Enable “Unknown Sources” (To do that, go to Settings then Security then Mark “Unknown Sources” ignore the message just tap OK.) and also Enable “USB Debugging” (To do that, go to Settings then Developer options then Mark “USB Debugging” ignore the message just tap OK.)
2. Put the extracted ftf files – Firmware 6.1.1.B.1.10 and 6.1.1.B.1.54 to Flash tool installation directory (e.g. C:\Flashtool\firmwares)
3. Turn off your Phone. Launch the Flash Tool. From the Flashtool, click the flash icon (black lightning icon), then choose Flashmode.
4. From the Flash tool, choose the MT27i 6.1.1.B.1.10 firmware, then check/mark No final verification, and then click the butoon Flash.
5. On your phone, Hold the Volume down key (instead of back button) while inserting it to the USB Port of your PC/Laptop (this will boot your phone into Flashmode). Indication you’re in Flashmode – when Sony logo appears and notification light (small one) lights on.
6. Once the flash is finished, disconnect your phone then switch it on.
(Note: After flashing it to firmware 6.1.1.B.1.10, your icons may turn black and some sort of the backgrounds.)
7. Launch the Root Tool by Bin4ry. Root it using Normal Mode. (How to use it? click here)
8. Once the root is done, it’s time to flash it back to firmware 6.1.1.B.1.54. (To do that, you can repeat the process from 3 to 5, but this time, you’re going to used the MT27 6.1.1.B.1.54 firmware.) After the flash your phone is still rooted.
FAQ: BUT WAIT…HOW TO UNROOT IT BACK?
Simple. Using same process but this time, while using Root Tool, choose Unroot.
(Disclosure: Sony Xperia Smartphones, Xperia Sola, Android, Root Toolkit – Info/Logo/Images/Video/Pictures stated above has a respective copyright. We used it for demonstration purpose only.)
If something in your mind to comment or suggest, please let us know. In our efforts to provide detailed information, there is possibility of inaccurate contents. If you see any mistake or incomplete in our information, please don’t hesitate to tell us. We will fix it immediately as soon as possible.
Related Links / Articles / Entries / References / Sources:
HOW TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON XPERIA DEVICES by Jcyberinux
Unroot and Root any Android OS 4.0 to Android OS 4.1 Devices by Jcyberinux
Root Tool – Root MANY Android by Bin4ry – xda developers – Official Site
Root Firmware 6.1.1.B.1.54 by slackerzz – xda developers – Official Site
Flash Tool.net – Official Site