How to Root Alcatel One Touch Glory OT-918N
By: Alodia Phan (jcyberinux.com)
(Note: This walkthrough is tested on Alcatel One Touch Glory 918N, used this tutorial on your own risk, I’m not held responsible for any loss or damage it will do. This tutorial provided with your responsibility that can void the warranty of your phone.)
PC / Laptop / Netbook /Notebook
Alcatel Android Manager PC Suite (for Alcatel One Touch Glory 918N)
*Enable USB Debugging Mode on the Alcatel Android Phone
*Disable any AntiVirus Software Installed on your system, as noted, for some reasons; it blocks the operation on rooting.
*Unplug any USB Devices except and only Alcatel One Touch Glory OT-918N can be plug-in on the USB slot during rooting process
First Trial of Rooting your Alcatel One Touch Glory OT-918N is by using Super One Click
1. Download Alcatel Android Manager PC Suite click here. (For enabling the drivers needed on the rooting operations). Then Install it on your PC/Netbook. (Steps on Installation of Alcatel Android Manager PC Suite click here)
2. Download SuperOneClick v2.3.3 click here. Unzip / extract the SuperOneclick.zip to specified directory.
3. Connect Alcatel One Touch Glory 918N on your PC/Netbook by using your microUSB.
4. Launch the SuperOneClick by clicking the application launcher. Click Root. Allow to Install BusyBox. Wait until it finish. Then a message will prompt that your phone is successfully rooted.
5. If not successful and the process stuck at Step 7, try the following:
Try to install: PdaNet, for some reasons, it needs the drivers requires on your rooting. Then after you install it, try to root it again.
Another step: Disable any Anti-virus Software on PC/Netbook and also on Alcatel Android Phone.
Check for some updates: Like ADB Drivers. On SuperOneclick check its updates by going to option Advanced then Check Update. Then also check your Alcatel Android Phone if the USB debugging is enabled. Then try again to root the phone.
If all fails, try this software Unlock Root click here then follow the instructions below.
Second Trial of Rooting your Alcatel One Touch Glory OT-918N is by using Unlock Root
1. Download Unlock Root then install it. Please check your Alcatel Android Phone if the USB Debugging mode is enabled. To turn it on, go to Settings > Applications > Development and check the box.
2. Connect the Alcatel Android Phone to your PC/Netbook using microUSB cable.
3. Click Unlock Root then wait until it finish. It will give you a message that the Root is successful.
Again, if all fails, the last resort is the hard way of rooting the Alcatel Android Phone.
(Note: Use this instructions on your own risk, I’m not held responsible for any loss or damage it will do.)
Third Trial of Rooting your Alcatel One Touch Glory OT-918N
Go to this thread – xda developers – How to root Alcatel 918N (HARD WAY) when Superoneclick and Unlockroot fails – click here. (From there, follow the instructions CAREFULLY).
I hope this helps you out on rooting your Alcatel One Touch Glory 918N. Cheers!
FAQ: Why root Android Phones? Because to maximize the usage of the Android Smartphones. You can install custom ROMS, other Non-Market Apps, use ChainFire3D for better gaming experiences, V6 Supercharger, maximize usage of memory/RAM, etc… But it voids the warranty of the phone.
(Note: Alcatel One Touch Logo/Images have a respective copyright. I used it for demonstration purpose only.)
Related Entries / References / Links / Articles / Sources: