Installation of VirtualBox, Step by step to install VirtualBox.
by: Revengksky Joseph D. Reyes (a.k.a rjdreyes)
Hello there folks! I run my Ubuntu Operating System within my Windows XP or vice versa. How did I do it? Well, my secret is VirtualBox, the Best Free Virtualization Software.
Here’s the instructions and installation of VirutalBox on Windows XP, Vista, 7
1. Download VirtualBox and proceed to installation. (Double-click the downloaded file, in other cases, that there is a Security Warning Dialog Box, just click Run.
2. Dialog Box appears, Welcome to VirtualBox Setup Wizard, click Next.
3. Custom Setup appears, click drop down box, then choose Will be installed on local hard drive.
You can check your Disk Usage (click to Disk Usage) to chose proper setup / installation of Virtual Box.
You may change the default installation / destination folder, click Browse, Change current destination folder appears, go to Look in :, click dropdown box to change the destination / installation folder. Or you just go to Folder name : then type destination folder for the installation.
4. Then choose options, you can click the checkbox to Create a Shortcut on the Desktop and also Create a Shortcut in the Quick Launch Bar.
5. A Warning: Network Interfaces appears, it just tells you that it will reset your network and temporarily disconnect you from network / internet connections. (Note: Stop any download or Internet connection programs running on your computer to prevent from disconnection)
Click Yes, after you clear everything and ready to proceed.
6. Ready to Install, click Install, to proceed installation.
7. After installation, click Finish. You may click the checkbox to Start to run Oracle VirtualBox.
That’s it. I hope this helps you out! 🙂
I tried to run VirtualBox on this Computer Specs.
Computer Specifications: ASUS P5P800S Motherboard, 2GB DDR Kingston, Intel Pentium 4 Processor 3.0 GHz, DVDRW ROM, 500 GB Seagate HDD, Orion Casing with PSU 500watts .
I’m pretty impress because after testing to install Ubuntu within Windows OS, its smooth, fast and easy. Without losing any configuration on my current system.
So try the VirtualBox by Oracle today! 🙂
Related Entries / References :
VirtualBox – The Best Free Virtualization Software by Jcyberinux
VirtualBox Official Site
Download VirtualBox Official Site