How to Install Daemon Tools Lite on Windows – Mount CD/DVD Image to Virtual Drive using Daemon Tools Lite
by: Revengksky Joseph D. Reyes (a.k.a rjdreyes – jcyberinux.com)
DAEMON Tools is an advanced application for Microsoft Windows which provides one of the best optical media emulation in the industry. DAEMON Tools enables you to use your CD/DVD images as if they were already burned to CD/DVD.
DAEMON Tools enables you to convert your physical CD/DVD discs into “virtual discs” so called “images”. It also emulated up to 4 virtual CD/DVD drives, so you can mount (insert) and unmount (eject) images.
Steps or Instructions How to Install Daemon Tools Lite – Virtual CD/DVD Drive :
1. Download Daemon Tools Lite, then run the installer. (Note: Security Warning may appear, just click Run)
2. Welcome Installation appears, click Next.
3. License Agreement appears, read the agreement, then afterwards, click I Agree.
4. License Type, choose or click on Free License, since we going to used Daemon Tools Lite. Afterwards, click Next.
5. Choose components, check all, then click Next.
6. Install DriverScanner 2011, (it’s up to you) But I choose not to install it, since I only need the Daemon Tools Lite. Choose or click I do not want to install DriverScanner 2011.
7. Choose Install Location or path, I choose default destination folder, C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite or you can choose destination folder, click Browse then select where you going to put it. Afterwards, click Install to start the Installation.
8. Installation starts, wait to finish it. Then afterwards, it will ask you Reboot it now or later. (If you ready to reboot your computer, then click to Reboot now, or else I want to manually reboot later. (Note: For the virtual drive to take effect, kindly reboot it.)
9. After the reboot, your computer will have a message dialog updating virtual devices, then afterwards, you can check on your taskbar notification, you will see the daemon tools lite icon. From there, you can mount and unmount your virtual drive or image.
Windows 98(32-bit up to 3.47 Version), Windows 2000 SP4(32-bit up to 4.35.6), Windows XP(SP3 32-bit / SP2 64-bit), Windows Vista(32-bit / 64-bit), Windows Server 2008(32-bit / 64-bit), Windows 7(32-bit / 64-bit, 4.35.5 or later), Windows Server 2008 R2(64-bit, 4.35.5 or later)
DAEMON Tools Lite for Home/Personal Used only.
The good thing is 100% Freeware Software! So try it now! 🙂
Related Entries / References :
Mount CD/DVD Image to Virtual Drive using Daemon Tools Lite by Jcyberinux
Daemon Tools Official Site
Download Daemon Tools – Disc-Tools.com – Official Site
Download Daemon Tools Lite – Disc-Tools.com – Official Site