How to Install AWicons Lite on Windows
by: Revengksky Joseph D. Reyes (a.k.a rjdreyes – jcyberinux.com)
I came across to the web to find a free icon editor / creator / maker for Windows, luckily, on searching. I find AW ICONS – An ICON Maker, Editor and Creator.
AWicons Lite – An ICON Maker, Editor and Creator for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/7, it is small (only 5MB) but yet power package features, easy to use applications, good to interface, plus it has right tools for icon editor.
Here’s the steps / instructions on how to install AWicons Liteon Windows :
1. Download AWicons Lite for Windows on Official Site. Run the installer afterwards.
2. Sometimes Security Warning alerts unknown software, so ignore it (Do you want to run the file?), click Run.
3. Welcome Setup appears, Select Language. Default is English. Click Next afterwards.
4. License Agreement appears, click the checkbox I agree to the terms of AWicons Lite, after you read the agreement. Then click Next.
5. Destination Folder, Choose Install Location (Installation path were you to put the program). You can browse to then select your destination folder or select the default, then click Next.
6. Menu Folder or the Start Menu Program, the Folder name of the AWicons Lite (it is where the shortcuts icons located). Then click Next.
7. Additional Options, you can select all, or none of the above. Check the Create shortcut on the desktop, to create a shortcut and Run the program after installation, so that you can test the program right away. (Well, its up to you). Then click Install.
8. Installation begins and kindly wait, afterwards Installation is complete, click Finish. (Note: If you want to launch the program, just leave the check, Run the program after installation on step 7)
9. Run the program AWicons Lite, at the first run of the program, it will ask the media file types associations. So choose which you want to associate with. Then click Ok.
Now you can used the AWicons Lite and start creating or editing your icons. 🙂
I hope it helps you out 🙂
The good thing is 100% Freeware Software! So try it now! 🙂