How to Setup and Use HDDGURU – Hard Disk Drive Low Level Format Tool
by: Revengsky Joseph D. Reyes (a.k.a rjdreyes)
Setting up a HDDGURU – HDD Low Level Format Tool is easy. Installation proceeds.
1. Download HDDGURU – HDD Low Level Format Tool, go to folder where you download it, run HDDLLFsetup.4.05 (Double click the file to run).
2. Welcome Installation, click Next.
3. Select Destination Location, you can browse to put on the other path location, afterwards click Next.
4. Start Menu Folder, you can browse to put on the other path location, afterwards click Next.
5. Check the box, Create Desktop Icon and Quick Launch (optional), then click Next.
6. Read to Install. (Preview of Summary of Installation). Click Install.
7. Setup has complete. Check the box, to launch HDD Low Level Format Tool. Then click Finish.
8. License Agreement, read it then afterwards, click Agree.
9. Please support this tool appears,
Note : Free for personal use (speed is capped at 180 GB per hour which is 50 MB/s) For max performance, Just $3.30 for personal use (no speed limit).
You have an option to upgrade it, of course with a payment $3.30, or continue for free.
Choose or click continue for free to try it out.
10. HDD Low Level Format Tool appears, choose your Hard Disk Drive to Format. Click Continue.
11. You can check your Hard disk drive status, using SMART tab then click Get Smart Attributes and Device Details tab.
Note: For some reasons, other Hard disk drives doesn’t have a Hard disk drive details or the software doesn’t detect the Hard disk drive details. (vice-versa)
12. Go to Low Level Format Tab, then click Format This Device, to start the Format.
Note : Warning, by using Low Level Format your data or files will be unrecoverable. Low Level Format does only to format (safe erase – factory default) your Hard disk / Hard drive or Portable Hard disk. It doesn’t erase the bad sector maps, it just allocated on the reserved fail safe sector maps.
13. Wait until its finish. (It tooks about 2 hours with my 250GB Portable HDD, it depends on the capacity of the Hard disk drive)
14. You can now format it with a filesystem of your choice (NTFS or FAT32), if it’s USB Portable Hard disk drive, you can used either HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool or the Disk Management Tool.
Related Entries / References :
HDDGURU – HDD Low Level Format Tool used by Jcyberinux
HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool – A USB Format Tool by Jcyberinux
How to Install / Setup HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool by Jcyberinux
How to Format a Hard Drive to NTFS on Windows by Jcyberinux
Download HDDGURU – Low Level Format Tool – Official Site
HDDGURU – Low Level Format Tool – Official Site