How to Hide User/Username or Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista Welcome Logon Screen
by: Revengsky Joseph D. Reyes (a.k.a. rjdreyes – jcyberinux.com)
When your computer is not joined on any domain, it will show the regular Welcome Logon Screen, such as User Accounts (Usernames) were listed on the Welcome Logon Screen. To effectively hide the other users, you can follow this simple process below:
1. Using your Windows Keyboard, press the Window Button + R, it will show the Run command.
2. At Run, Type regedit. Then press Enter or click OK. (Note: It will show a message, Do you want to allow the following program to make changes this computer? Just click Yes.)
You can also do this step, at search type regedit, then right-click the regedit that shown above then click Run as Administrator.
3. At Registry Editor. Browse in at : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList
If the SpecialAccounts and UserList doesn’t exist, you can create it by doing the following:
Right-click on Winlogon, then choose New and then click Key. This will create the folder: SpecialAccounts and UserList.
4. On the UserList folder, you can now put the desire username or user account or even administrator account to be able not to be shown on the Windows 7 or Vista Welcome Logon Screen.
To do that, right-click on the given folder, and then choose New – click on DWORD Value.
(You can also click the Edit Menu, then choose New – click on DWORD Value)
5. Now name it as the username or administrator account that you wouldn’t like to be shown on the Welcome Logon Screen. Then double-click it, Edit the value data and type 0 (1 – means true, which unhide or show the given username account on the Welcome Screen, else 0 – means false, which hide it).
6. Restart your computer for more actual and effective results.
How to unhide the username account? Simple. You can reverse the process of this tutorial. 🙂
Try to explore its usages, then comment here if you found one interesting to share.
That’s all! I hope this guide and tips helps you out! Cheers! 😀
(Note: Microsoft(Windows 7/Vista OS) Logo/Images/Pictures has a respective copyright. I used it for demonstration purpose only.)
Related Entries / Links / Sources / Articles / Sources:
Unhide User or Admin Account on Windows 7 or Vista Welcome Screen
Enable or Turn on Automatic Logon of the User Account on Windows 7/Vista