Exciting news to Android users, as Google unveils their newest addition to their Android Versions ~ the Android 5.0 Lollipop, to start of, here are the things you need to know:
Screenshot from their Official Android Website
– A bold, colorful, and responsive UI design for consistent, intuitive experiences across all your devices.
– New ways to control when and how you receive messages – only get interrupted when you want to be.
– Power for the long haul. Battery saver feature which extends device use by up to 90 mins.
– New devices come with encryption automatically turned on to help protect data on lost or stolen devices.
– SELinux enforcing for all applications means even better protection against vulnerabilities and malware.
– Use Android Smart Lock to secure your phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device.
– Multiple users for phones. Guest user for phones and tablets means you can lend your device and not your stuff. Screen pinning: pin your screen so another user can access just that content without messing with your other stuff.
New Quick Settings
– Get to the most frequently used settings with just two swipes down from the top of the screen
– A better internet connection everywhere and more powerful Bluetooth low energy capabilities (New BLE peripheral mode).
Runtime and Performance
– Faster, smoother and more powerful computing experience (ART, an entirely new Android runtime, improves application performance and responsiveness).
– Support for 64 bit devices, like the Nexus 9, brings desktop class CPUs to Android.
– Bolder graphics and improved audio, video, and camera capabilities.
– OpenGL ES 3.1 and Android extension pack brings Android to the forefront of mobile graphics putting it on par with desktop and console class performance.
– A range of new professional photography features for Android Lollipop: Capture full resolution frames around 30 fps, Support raw formats like YUV and Bayer RAW, Control capture settings for the sensor, lens, and flash per individual frame, Capture metadata like noise models and optical information.
– State of the art video technology with support for HEVC to allow for UHD 4K video playback.
– Even if your screen is off, you can say “OK Google” on devices with digital signal processing support such as Nexus 6 and Nexus 9.
– Support for living room devices
– Enhanced low vision and color blind capabilities
Support for printing (Print preview and page range support)
Now in 68+ languages
Well that’s it for now. We hope that we can get more updates sooner or later on our compatible devices.
Disclosure: Google, Android OS, Android 5.0, Lollipop, – Info / Logo / Images / Pictures has a respective copyright. We used it for demonstration purpose only.
If something in your mind to comment or suggest, please let us know. In our efforts to provide detailed information, there is possibility of inaccurate contents. If you see any mistake or incomplete in our information, please don’t hesitate to tell us. We will fix it immediately as soon as possible.