How to fix – MS Office – Excel 2007, starts to freeze when open certain old Excel 2003 or Excel 2007 file.
by: Revengsky Joseph D. Reyes (a.k.a rjdreyes – jcyberinux.com)
This happens in many reasons, registry issue, software related problem, software service conflicts, installation packages, etc…
But here’s the common solution to the problems:
Try uninstall or reinstall certain driver/software before the problem occurs. The issue of sometimes comes from the printer drivers such as HP Photosmart Printer drivers.
1. If you happen to have a HP Photosmart Printer, try to uninstall first the driver. See if that’s helps you to run or open the Excel 2007/2003 files on MS Office – Excel 2007.
2. Then try to install again the drivers(only) on HP Photosmart Printer. Then test again if you can run or open the Excel 2007/2003 files on MS Office – Excel 2007
2. Then run or open the Excel 2007/2003 files on MS Office – Excel 2007
METHOD 3: (If you use VBA in the workbooks that cannot be open by Excel)
1. Open Excel 2007, Click Menu or the Office button on the upper left-handed corner.
2. An option or menu will appear, click on Excel Options.
3. On Excel Options, at Popular Option Tab, click on the check box to enable Show developer tab in the Ribbon. Then click OK.
4. Then click on the Developer Option Tab, and then click Macro Security.
5. Then click on Enable all Macros…, (see the picture) then click OK.
Now you able to run Excel files with enable VBA workbooks.
I hope this tutorials helps you out! 😀
Related Entries / Articles / References / Links:
Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint File Formats – Official Site