EnviroPop an awesome Marine Awareness Game on iTunes App (iPhone, iPod, and iPad)
Do you love our mother earth? Do you know how to save our planet, such as marine life forms from under seas? Then this cool marine awareness game shows you how, the EnviroPop that you will surely enjoy, fun and educational learning game.
EnvirPop an awesome collaboration between World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF-Philippines) and developed by AppLabs Digital Studios Inc. EnviroPop is the first puzzle application to allow users to digitally rescue endangered species from a host of sea hazards. This application spreads awareness on how to minimize threats to marine life. Can you tap and swipe your way in a time-pressured addictive puzzle game to save our undersea friends? It’s time to find out!
There are two versions of the application available in the Apple App Store, the lite (which is free) and the paid version. Since the app also acts as a call for help, proceeds coming from the paid downloads will go to WWF’s marine conservation fund. EnviroPop is made for a good cause and we’d be more than grateful if you can purchase the paid versions. 🙂
Enviropedia – Learn some cool facts about our undersea friends and the hazards that face them.
Meet the cast and crew of EnviroPop!
1. Chi-Chi the Panda – Cute and cuddly, Chi-Chi the Giant Panda occupies a special place for the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), symbolizing the global plight of endangered species plus the organization’s cutting-edge conservation work.
2. Gary the Grouper – With bright blue spots adorning his regal red body, Gary the Leopard Coral Grouper is a sure eye-catcher. Leopard Coral Groupers stocks are dwindling due to unsustainable fishing practices. WWF now attempts to manage the Live Reef Food Fish (LRFF) trade to ensure that Gary and his finned friends continue swimming in and around Philippine coral reefs.
3. Bobby the Butanding – Earth’s largest fish, Bobby the Butanding or Whale Shark exceeds the length of a typical passenger bus and weighs more than six adult elephants! His massive five-foot mouth helps him gulp down more than two-tonnes of plankton and krill daily. Despite his size, his teeth are only about 2mm long. Bobby the Butanding is completely harmless to humans and is one of the top species WWF conserves in Donsol and other parts of the Philippines.
4. Dolly the Dolphin – Acrobatic Dolly is a Spinner Dolphin, a species well-known for crazy jumps, spins and leaps. All dolphin species are protected under Philippine Law, prompting WWF to prioritize cetacean conservation.
5. Doogie the Dugong – Doogie the Dugong inhabits shallow waters of the Indo-Pacific, wherever seagrass is most abundant. Sizeable herds of Dugong – the source of popular mermaid lore – once plied the Philippine archipelago until hunting and habitat degradation reduced overall numbers. Thriving populations keep seagrass meadows cropped, healthy and productive.
6. Pattie the Pawikan – Found throughout the Philippines, the Pawikan or Green Sea Turtle is the only truly herbivorous marine turtle, feeding exclusively on higher algae and seagrass. The presence of sea turtles like Pattie preserves the sea’s natural processes: Green Sea Turtles continually browse on sea grass, which are naturally pruned to grow denser, allowing the plants to spread more rapidly amid the sea floor.
7. Clara the Clown Fish – Some 30 types of clownfish inhabit the warm waters of the Pacific and Indian Oceans. These colorful striped fish form mutually-beneficial relationships with sea anemones. Protective mucous coatings give these fish immunity against the stinging tentacles of sea anemones. And just like the famous character Nemo, Clara the Ocellated Clownfish faces the risk of capture for the aquarium trade.
Social Sharing – User has the option to share scores on his/her Facebook and Twitter accounts
Help – A user guide is included to help players in using the app
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 and up.
*Disclosure: An important note, we are just sharing this information to the public, provided by our source (provide by ANNA ROSABEL A. SANTIAGO of AppLabs Digital Studios Inc.) Apple Itunes, iOS, Apps, CarCrazee Logos / Photos / Images has respective copyrights.
Related Entries / Sources / Articles / Links / References:
EnviroPop (Paid Version) – Itunes Apple App – Official Download Site
EnviroPop (Lite Version) – Itunes Apple App – Official Download Site