How to Enable/Unhide Administrator Account in Windows XP Pro Welcome Screen Logon
by: Revengsky Joseph D. Reyes (a.k.a. rjdreyes – jcyberinux.com)
1. Click Start then click Run.
At Run. Type control userpasswords2. Then press Enter or click OK.
2. At User Accounts, check/enable the checkbox Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer, so that you’ll able see it on the Windows Welcome Screen Logon.
3. Click to Advanced Tab, go to Advanced user management, click Advanced.
4. It will show the Local Users and Groups. Click on Users, then right-click to Administrator, and then click to Properties.
(Note : You can also access Local Users and Groups, click Start > Settings > Control Panel, then click to Administrative Tools, click Computer Management, then click to Local Users and Groups)
5. Administrator Properties appears, at General Tab, uncheck the checkbox on Account is disabled. (Make sure the box is uncheck) Then click Apply and afterwards click OK.
6. Click Start then click Run, then this time type: regedit
Navigate to following folder:
7. Double-click on Administrator key, if doesn’t exist, right-click on the panel (same folder) then choose New then select DWORD Value. Name the new DWORD Value as Administrator.
Double click the Administrator, at the Value data, type 1, then click OK.
8. Check the Administrator status is enable, to do that, click Start > Settings > Control Panel, then click to Administrative Tools, click Local Security Policy, then Local Policies and then click to Security Options.
9. From the right panel, you will see the Policy and Security Settings. Check on Accounts: Administrator account status if it’s Enable. If not, Double-click it and change to Enabled.
After the settings all complete, restart your computer, you’ll able to see the administrator on the Windows XP Welcome Logon Screen.
How to Disable/Hide the Administrator Account? Simple. You can reverse the process of this tutorial. 🙂
Try to explore its usages, then comment here if you found one interesting to share.
That’s all! I hope this guide and tips helps you out! Cheers! 😀
(Note: Microsoft(Windows XP and 7 OS) Logo/Images/Pictures has a respective copyright. I used it for demonstration purpose only.)
Related Entries / Links / Sources / Articles / Sources:
How to Disable/Hide Administrator Account in Windows XP Pro Logon