How to Enable/Unhide/Show Guest Account in Windows 7-Vista Welcome Screen Logon
by: Revengsky Joseph D. Reyes (a.k.a. rjdreyes – jcyberinux.com)
1. Click Window Button then used the search entry, type cmd.
From the program list, right-click it then click Run as administrator.
2. At the command prompt, type: net user guest /active:yes
You will see a message that the command completed successfully. Close the command prompt afterwards.
3. Go to Control Panel, from the category view, go to User Accounts and Family Safety section. From there, click Add or remove user accounts.
If you are at the large icons view (All Control Panel Items), click User Accounts.
From there, click Manage another account.
4. From there, you should see the Guest account, if the account still off, click the guest account, a prompt confirmation message will appear, just click Turn On.
You should able to see that the guest account is already activated.
5. Check the Guest status is enable, to do that, go to Control Panel, then click to Administrative Tools, click Local Security Policy, then Local Policies and then click to Security Options.
6. From the right panel, you will see the Policy and Security Settings. Check on Accounts: Guest account status if it’s Enable. If not, Double-click it and change to Enabled. Click Apply and Ok.
After the settings all complete, restart your computer, you’ll able to see the Guest account on the Windows 7/Vista Welcome Screen Logon.
How to Disable/Hide the Guest Account? Simple. You can reverse the process of this tutorial.
Try to explore its usages, then comment here if you found one interesting to share.
That’s all! I hope this guide and tips helps you out! Cheers!
(Note: Microsoft(Windows 7/Vista OS) Logo/Images/Pictures has a respective copyright. I used it for demonstration purpose only.)
Related Entries / Links / Sources / Articles / Sources:
How to Enable/Unhide Administrator Account in Windows 7/Vista Welcome Screen Logon
How to Disable/Hide Guest Account in Windows 7/Vista Welcome Screen Logon