It is necessary to do a domain check before creating your website. You must ensure that the domain you select is available and registered. If there is any issue with it, it will affect your website negatively. Here we shall discuss two things. First, why is it important to check a domain and second, how a backlink check will be helpful before you can create your website with an existing domain. Let us start with the first part of our discussion.
Given below are some of the reasons that will explain to you the importance of doing a domain check.
– You must first check the availability of a domain name. If the domain is available, then you must not waste any time in getting it registered. Once you have the domain of your choice registered, you will have complete rights over it.
– Once you find out that the domain name you are looking for is available, you must buy it instantly. If you wait to buy it at a later period of time, it may not be available. You can approach a registrar to register your chosen name. You must keep the domain a secret and not give out the details unless it is already registered.
– In short, if you find a good domain and you like it, just buy it before someone else does.
Now, moving to the second part of our discussion, there are certain things you must check before creating a website, including the backlinks that it already has.
– Backlinks are inbound links that will take you to a website. You must check that the domain that you have chosenhas relevant backlinks.
– Many a times, there are cases when the backlink usually takes the user to a different website. This not only reduces the traffic to a website but also creates a negative effect on the website.
– Here is what you can do. First, get a list of all the domains that are available and then make a list of the ones that you like. Check for the page rank and the domain authority.
– Now, select all the page URLs and then run a backlink checker. This will ensure that your backlinks lead you to the right URL.
– You can also go to www.backlinkwatch.com and then keep track of the backlinks.
By following the above-mentioned steps, you can do a domain check and then check the backlinks for a given web address. This will maintain the traffic to your website and ensure that there is better ranking for your domain and pages. You can assign individual authority to the pages inside your site so that there are fewer chances of your backlinks leading you to an unwanted destination.
The issue of backlinks and domain authority should not be taken lightly. In this regard, a proper domain check is mandatory before purchasing an existing URL for your site.
About the author: Ted Garza is a professional teacher. He has worked at kindergartens in USA and abroad for most of his professional life. In his free time he likes to write texts and articles on the topics of technology and also its implementation in everyday life for different websites (for example for the Danish “domain check UnoEuro” domain campaign). He is always excited to share and comment his views on modernity with other people interested in such discussions.
*Disclosure/Disclaimer: An important note, we are just sharing this information to the public, provided by our source (Ted Garza). Info / Logos / Photos / Images have respective copyrights.