How to Disable or Turn off Automatic Logon of the User Account on Windows XP Pro
by: Revengsky Joseph D. Reyes (a.k.a. rjdreyes – jcyberinux.com)
1. Click Start then click Run.
2. At Run. Type regedit. Then press Enter or click OK.
3. At Registry Editor. Browse in at : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
4. Winlogon folder contents shown, go to and double-click DefaultUserName. Edit name and delete the user account. Leave it blank.
5. Now go to and double-click DefaultPassword. Edit the value data and delete the password. Leave it blank.
6. Now go to and double-click AutoAdminLogon. Edit the value data and type 0 (1 – means true, which activates automatic logon, 0 – means false, which deactivates automatic logon).
7. After all are cleared and setup, try to restart your computer and see if it’s not Automatic Logon to your User Account.
How to activate the auto logon? Simple. You can reverse the process of this tutorial.
Try to explore its usages, then comment here if you found one interesting to share.
That’s all! I hope this guide and tips helps you out! Cheers!
(Note: Microsoft(Windows XP OS) Logo/Images/Pictures has a respective copyright. I used it for demonstration purpose only.)
Related Entries / Links / Sources / Articles / Sources:
How to Enable Automatic Logon of the User Account on Windows XP Pro