Dean’s Permalink Migration Plugin for Changing Permalink Structure in WordPress
by: Revengsky Joseph D. Reyes (a.k.a. rjdreyes – jcyberinux.com)
FAQ: How to Install, Activate and Configure, Deans Permalink for Retaining the Old URL or Permalinks and able to change it to New URL Permalink Structure.
On the situation were in, you used an old permalinks by WordPress, which is /?p=#. But don’t worry, you can change that and still maintaining for old link by using Dean’s Permalink Migration.
With this plugin, you can safely change your permalink structure without breaking the old links to your website,and even doesn’t hurt your google page
(Note : By doing this, I expected you have an internet connection and your own webhost or webserver on your localhost)
1. Login to your WordPress Administrator Account, to your Dashboard, go to Plugins then click Add New.
2. Click on Search, then type your desire plugins name, keyword, tag or author. Select Author then type the keyword or author Dean Lee, then click Search Plugins, it will show you relevant or exact search results.
3. Find the Dean’s Permalink Migration, then click Install Now, to install the chosen plugins. The dialog prompt ask you to confirm to install the plugins, then click OK, to install it.
4. Then message will follow, installing plugin, then message that the plugin is successfully installed. Then you can click on Return to Plugin Installer to install another plugins or Activate the plugin you currently installed. You can click Installed Plugins and find Dean’s Permalink Migration to activate it.
ANOTHER METHOD: USING CPANEL
6. After you successfully download the zip file, go to your Cpanel Account, then File Manager, then browse to your wordpress folder then to the plugins folder. (As for example : wordpress/wp-content/plugins).
7. From there, upload the zip file, extract the file(permalinks-migration-plugin-for-wordpress.zip), after the extraction, delete the zip file. Then head back to your WordPress account, then go to Plugins then click Installed Plugins. Find Dean’s Permalink Migration to activate it.
8. After the activation, go to Settings then click Permalinks Migration. From there, type the old url or link. (For example, if you are using default structure, /?p=#, type it there, then click Update Options to update it.)
9. Go to Settings then click Permalinks, this time you will change the old url of your wordpress blog site. At Common Settings, you can set what structure you would like to deal with. But frankly speaking, I would like to advise you to used /%postname%.html on Custom Structure.
(Note: In this structure, which is must commonly used by experts and SEO structure on web development. There are other people used like combined /%category%/%postname%.html - category and postname structure. To know more about Permalinks structure, click here. )
After you made your decisions, click Save Changes.
That’s it. Hopefully this helps you out
Related Entries / References :
WordPress.org – Official Site – Codex – Using Permalinks
Download – Dean’s Permalink Migration
How to Reset a WordPress Password (Blog Admin Account) by Jcyberinux
How To Install WordPress Locally Using WAMP by Jcyberinux
WordPress.org – Official Site