Multiple Convert or Conversion of Old Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, MS Project, Visio files or document to MS Office 2007 Version
By: Revengsky Joseph D. Reyes (a.k.a rjdreyes – jcyberinux.com)
* INSTALLED MS OFFICE 2003 – not required *
* INSTALLED MS OFFICE 2007 – must have *
* DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLED MS OFFICE COMPATIBILTY PACK – 2007 – must have *
* DOWNLOAD AND EXTRACT/INSTALLED MIGRATION PLANNING MANAGER – must have *
1. Open the old MS Office files or 2003 – (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, MS Project, Visio files)
2. As for the example, an Excel 2003 file/document. Click the Menu (the Microsoft Office Logo), click Convert.
3. A prompt will appear saying about the conversion will initiate, then the old workbook will be deleted within replaced by the new converted file. Click Ok.
4. After the conversion, message will be prompt saying conversion of the current file format was successful. Then if you want to load the new converted file, click Yes.
Viola! New Converted .xls to .xlsx format file of Excel 2007.
How to / Steps on Multiple Convert or Conversion of Old Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, MS Project, Visio files or document to MS Office 2007 Version
1. Download and Extract the Migration Planning Manager
Extract it at – C:\TOOLS OR D:\CONVERT, or whatever folder name you wish
2. After extraction, go to the extracted folder and modify the ofc.ini
Right-click the file then Edit – Notepad or Edit with Notepad++ (if you have)
3. Look for the ;fldr=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents and uncomment and modify it, the path or location of the files you want to be converted.
for example: fldr=D:\MYFILES\CoNVERT or as example picture below
Note : (Dont worry about other files, if won’t be converted or will be skip by the program, if its not Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, MS Project or Visio files.)
Note: The program will go through the directory and all sub-directories and convert all Word files (doc to docx), Excel files (xls to xlsx), Powerpoint files (ppt to pptx), Access databases, MS Project files, and Visio files.
4. After the modification, save and exit the file (ofc.ini)
Go to Command Prompt, Start – Run – CMD then go to the extracted folder
(example: C:\TOOLS OR D:\CONVERT) then type the command ofc.
It will show the messages,that the files successfully converted.
That’s it! 😀 i hope it helps yah!
Related Entries / Articles / References / Links:
Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint File Formats – Official Site
2007 Microsoft Office System Migration Guidance: Microsoft Office Migration Planning Manager – Official Site