Automatic Shutdown via Scheduled Tasks in Windows XP
by: Revengsky Joseph D. Reyes -a.k.a rjdreyes
Recently, we discuss about the command line Automatic Shutdown via Command Prompt and also via Shortcut Icon in Windows XP, and we gain knowledge of its usages and how to use it.
Now if you want to schedule the task of the automatic shutdown everyday or certain day, this guide or tip will help you to accomplish that.
How to Automatic Shutdown the Computer with Scheduled Time or Tasks on Windows:
1. Click Start – then hover to Settings – then click Control Panel. Locate Scheduled Tasks and double-click it.
2. You will see the Add Scheduled Task. Double-click it.
3. Scheduled Task Wizard Prompt will appear.
4. You can select on the list but since we’re looking for shutdown command, click Browse.
5. Locate the path WINDOWS\SYSTEM32. Since, my Windows OS currently located on C Drive, therefore, my location path is C:\Windows\System32. Then find shutdown.exe. Select it then click Open. Then click Next.
6. Select on the list when the scheduled task “Automatic Shutdown” will be performed. (At this example, I choose Daily). Click Next.
7. Select the start time when the automatic shutdown will be performed, Perform this task – Everyday, Start date (When will it be effective). Click Next.
8. Enter username and password of the current user. (If the password it not stated, this can cause the scheduled task not to run). Click Next.
9. You have successfully added a new schedule task. Click to Open Advanced Properties for this task when I click Finish. This will open for more options like editing command line and other settings.
10. Other settings will prompt, from Run parameter; you can add the following line like:
shutdown.exe -s -t 60 -f -c “This will shutdown automatically”
11. From the Schedule tab and Settings tab. You can explore them if you want to change the settings on the future. So try to explore possibilities all you want. 😀
Try to explore its usages, then comment here if you found one interesting to share.
That’s all! I hope this guide and tips helps you out! Cheers! 😀
(Note: Microsoft(Windows XP OS) Logo/Images/Pictures has a respective copyright. I used it for demonstration purpose only.)
Related Entries / Links / Sources / Articles / Sources:
Automatic Shutdown via Command Prompt in Windows XP
Automatic Shutdown via Shortcut Icon in Windows XP