7-ZIP ULTIMATE FREE FILE ARCHIVER
by: Revengsky Joseph D. Reyes (a.k.a. rjdreyes)
For couple of years, there are a lot of file archiver tools that i’m using like winrar, alzip, winzip, pkzip and a like.I would rather used them all, depends on complexity that i’m going to file archived. But one file archiver tool that stands out, and im in loved and dipped in. Likely, i’m currently and frequently(most of the time actually) using it, it is 7-Zip, an ulitimate free file archiver.
Why it is ultimate, because it has the package that i need to get the highest ratio of file archiver. Like for instances, i would rather used .7z file compression, to compress my psd files, rather than the plain .zip file compression. Because it compress much data and given me more alternative compress methods, and options to exceed to the max. (Of course higher the compression, the higher the time it takes to file archived the files).
Main Features includes:
- High compression ratio in 7z format with LZMA and LZMA2 compression
- Supported formats:
- Packing / unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM
- Unpacking only: ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DEB, DMG, FAT, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, VHD, WIM, XAR and Z.
- For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format
- Integration with Windows Shell
- Powerful File Manager
- Powerful command line version
- Plugin for FAR Manager
- Localizations for 79 languages
And the best of all it is a 100% FREE, a FOSS (free open source software).
7-ZIP Official Site